8.25.2014

A WEEK OF FINISHING

We are finally finishing August!!!  Big hip hip hooray!  I've started to feel like I'm going through these months kind of like I go through bags of dried mangoes from the corner market (my dried mangoes never make it past a day...).  I'm just about to put a big slash on the calendar.  Me and Sister Bautista like to make a big deal of this.

I also spent the week finishing the Book of Mormon again.  Every time I close the pages after Moroni 10, I go through a little flashback of the things I learned, my changed perspective, and my widened understanding.  

That sure is quite the book.  And it makes quite the testimony.

I should be finished buying clothes starting this week.  Should be...  I was trying to organize my suitcases last week, AND, not everything fits.  And I didn't even try to pack in my clothes I wear right now.  Patay! ako!  God has a plan for everyone, which the above could be a very valid reason for why I didn't transfer:)  A blessing in disguise?

Our mission president's wife gave us an exercise/fitness challenge to do every morning our last meeting.  And happy to report, I finished the challenge and got a nice pat on the back from her.:)  I also made the expert observation the other day that it looks like what appears to be muscle may be forming.

In my spare time, I read the church handbook of instruction.  I finished reading that too this week.

The Garcia family is struggling right now:(  We finished teaching all the missionary lessons.  And they still aren't going to be baptized (sometimes family just annoyingly gets in the way).  It just might not be the right time for that golden, golden, family.  But I'm not ready to give up this week.  If needs be, we'll finish teaching the missionary lessons all over again.

Finishing is a good feeling. 

Finishing makes me want to start new things.

There has always been a need for people that could be called finishers, the question throughout our life can come down to, "Shall I falter or shall I finish?"

King David faltered after becoming one of the Lord's greatest leaders.  Judas Iscariot took the one faltering step that took him from a beloved apostle to a betrayer.


But Job took the step of faith from the pit of trials to the right hand of God.  Paul the Apostle wrote the famous words, "I have finished my course, I have kept the faith."

Visions of effort, faith, virtue, courage and prayer become the marks of a true finisher.  

President Monson could not have organized the feeling of this American missionary any better.  It doesn't mean finishing is easy, I mean, even an apostle couldn't finish.  But we propose that question to ourselves and then we create the way for it to happen.  Heavenly Father needs those finishers now.  And I'm not talking about a paint finisher:)

Funny Story: My pinky finger is as big as Sister Bautista's index finger:)  #filipinosized

LOVE YOU ALL!
SISTER TAYLOR