|My Favorite Sisters Ever-The Girls of Our District|
- I get hymns stuck in my head ALL day, my favorite is Count Your Blessings (SO ANNOYING)
- watching 17 miracles in the gym for the fourth of July was THE BEST SUPRISE EVER and make my whole week. I never say that about church movies.
- I cry.
- I cringe when people touch me. I think it's just the automatic missionary response
- I use my free time to memorize the first vision in Tagalog while on the bikes in the gym...
- I get all the missionary jokes now. They're all true
- Our whole district got freaked out when we saw a couple holding hands inside the MTC. I didn't even know how to handle myself. WHAT DO I DO WITH MY HANDS???!!
Okay, well maybe I convinced you now that I will most likely come home as one of THOSE awkward missionaries. I don't doubt that anymore... NOOOOOOOO
|Our Apartment at the MTC|
- The Lord will not force you to learn. You must authorize the Spirit to teach you. You authorize teaching by doing the basics. Pray, scriptures, and going to the temple
- Questions are good as long as they are asked in an environment of faith
- Conversion to the gospel requires immersion in the spirit, the words of the prophets (best done on a mission, greatest opportunity)
- 4 things to learn while on a mission: Who you are (D&C 138; Abraham 3), understand who the Savior is and learn all spectrums of the atonement, learn how to recieve revelation, learn God's power and the keys of the priesthood
It seriously was the fastest, most complete answer to my prayers ever. But I know that that answer came after faith, after committing to Heavenly Father.
|First Day in the MTC with my Companion Sister Hess|
A little more detail about this week. We got two investigators, Joseph and Mary Ann. Joseph is just one of the those stubborn, hard investigators that I try to love. Mary Ann is a mom whose husband works and is never home. I love her like I love our family. I want so badly for her to have the knowledge that I have about eternal familes. I want her to understand that Heavenly Father loves her. I think of you, mom, every time we teach her. I am so excited to love the people of the Philippines (also because they'll actually be real investigators).
|Sister Hellewell and |
Sister Waldrom from my Letter
Funny story for the week: Sister Hess and I were taking a nap on Wednesday. The lights were out, we had just finished our lesson and were exhausted. Five minutes into our nap, I sat up really quickly and alarmed. "Sister Hess, we forgot to commit our investigor to read the Book of Mormon today!!!!" Yep, I wake up from naps scared now because I forgot to ask MaryAnn to read the BoM for next time. Intense missionary status achieved.
Oh and since I haven't done this yet (and it seems like the cliche thing to do), my testimony-
Alam ko po na totoo ng Ang Simbahan ni Jesucristo ng mga Banal sa mga Huling Araw. Alam ko po na nagbayad-sala ang Jesucristo para sa amin at nagmamahal any Diyos at si Jesucristo ng amin. Alam ko po na sobrang mahalaga ng Ang aklat ni Mormon. May propeta ngayon sa Thomas S. Monson at alam ko po na gumagabay ang siya simbahan.